FW: Student Exercises

Subject: FW: Student Exercises
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 16:57:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Subject: RE: Student Exercises
Date: Monday, September 11, 1995 3:56PM

we're not talking Master's level people in these exercises, I don't think -
I was imagining more *beginner* level.
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: internet!VM1.ucc.okstate.edu!TECHWR-L (Multiple recipients of list
Date: Monday, September 11, 1995 12:20PM

Audience IS important!

Even when assigning writing exercises.

As a Technical Writer working on my Masters in TCOM I would be very
bored and
impatient with an exercise asking me to write a procedure for tying my
shoes or making
my three-year-old's lunch.

Assignment rating at a Master's level
Point - - Noted
Value - - None

As an Undergraduate I would have completed the assignment, taken my
"A", and hoped
for a more meaty assignment on the next go-round.

Assignment rating at an Undergraduate level
Point - - Noted
Value - - Little

As a High School student I would have been entertained. Yes, learning
can be fun, even in High School.

Assignment rating at a High School level
Point - - Learned
Value - - Good

I believe a bright Junior High, or even a gifted Elementary School
student could successfully complete these assignments.

Assignment rating at a Junior High or Elementary School level
Point - - Challenging
Value - - Excellent

Dan Fierro
dfierro -at- lanier -dot- com