Re: What size monitors do you have?

Subject: Re: What size monitors do you have?
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 10:14:16 -0700

Beverly Parks:
>I think you are right on and justified for asking (demanding?)
>items A and C. Although I hope like hell you get your 21-inch
>monitors, I have to admit that they are probably still
>considered a "luxury." I know some pubs people who would kill
>for 17-inch monitors to replace their 14s.

14s are fine for just writing. We had to kick and scream and bring in
outside design business from other academic depts to raise the money to buy
two 20" Mirror screens (one of which died yesterday and is en route to
Minnesota). A big screen is *essential* for graphic design and page layout
and any boss who tells you otherwise is a cheap SOB.

You think the government is bad, try a university (it's all the more ironic
that USC held a $100,000+ black-tie bash last night to kick off a big
fundraising campaign, and distributed thousands of $3-each brochures
designed by an expensive outside agency that are the ugliest damn things.
Yet try to suggest upgrading our ca. 1991 Quadras to Powermacs, and all of
a sudden "there's no money"). Grrrr.

Incidentally, we got our monitors from DTP Direct for about $1100 each.
What a deal!

broudy -at- mizar -dot- usc -dot- edu -- http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/
Warning: Severe Tire Damage /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/