Re: Translation/Localization companies?

Subject: Re: Translation/Localization companies?
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 10:21:02 -0700

Sue MacIntosh:
>Has anyone worked with any large translation/localization companies that they
>would care to recommend (or not)?

>The only requirements are that they be in California, and that they can
>translate to German, French, and Japanese from English.

There is a company in (I believe) Torrance called Crestec, who does a *lot*
of translation for documents and who also operates a Xerox Docutech system
which is great for low-volume printing. I'm not sure if they do any sort of
software localization.

They gave me samples: anyone need an owner's manual in Russian for a
Panasonic VCR? :)

broudy -at- mizar -dot- usc -dot- edu -- http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/
Warning: Severe Tire Damage /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/