Re: What size monitors do you have?

Subject: Re: What size monitors do you have?
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:07:21 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-13 22:35:07 EDT,
Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM (Karen Mayer) writes:

> We're trying to justify to a boss who's never worked with tech writers
> before (and likely didn't know they existed before he started working
> here) the need for
> A) A real DTP (FrameMaker)
> B) 21-inch monitors (instead of 17")
> c) Formal training on Frame

> We have an incredible documentation schedule and feel that formal
> training will take weeks off our total training time.

Are you a technical writer or a desktop publisher? As a writer, I am happy
that I have a machine to work with and don't sweat the details over the size
of the monitor.

With your tight schedule, could you bring in someone who already knows Frame?
This would allow you to concentrate on the writing.

Regards...Kris