Re: 21-inch monitors

Subject: Re: 21-inch monitors
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 08:38:21 -0400

Alexander Von Obert wrote:
>BTW: You might have some unexpected difficuties
>using a b/w monitor on a PC. This comes from the
>fact, that most video card drivers asume a color
>monitor and do not use the b/w coding in the video
>connector. The standard VGA video driver is about
>the only one that recognizes b/w monitors.

Sorry, I guess I didn't express myself clearly. I do NOT use a
black-and-white (monochrome) monitor. I use a -grayscale- monitor. Lots and
lots of shades of gray. Lovely, crystal clear 3D graphics. No color
'ghosts'. No eyestrain. No headaches.

Grayscale monitors work with any video card that can deal with 256+ colors.
If you are using a video card that makes you specify b/w or color, you
have to set it for -color-; it won't work if you set the card for b/w. The
ones I played with (before I decided which monitor to buy) were mostly
attached to IBM clones or UNIX boxes and worked fine.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

@Kat_____ Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting Services
\'o o'/ LIFE1 (techwriting/docdesign) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
={ ^ }= LIFE2 (vocal chamber music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com
() () Where am I going? And why is it called a handbasket?