Abbreviations

Subject: Abbreviations
From: Tiffany Haley <thaley -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 14:46:19 -0700

I have done some research on some abbreviations. I could use some feedback
from my fellow writers as to what is better for the end user. Unfortunately
I do not have access to my end users (that's a whole other story).

P.S. I don't need a history about these, I already have that, I need opinion
on what we should call these fields.

Fax or FAX, that what it has come down to.

UOM or UM or something else for Unit of Measure.

Sup., Supp., or Suppl., - For Supplementary

Do your developers use a period at the end of abbreviations on their field
names?
e.g., Amt. or Amt - For Amount
Suppl. - Supplemental
Contr. - Contract