Re: email software

Subject: Re: email software
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:10:15 -0600

Stacey Kahn (SKahn -at- wb -dot- com) says that her electronic mail system "seems to
work, but it only sorts incoming mail by date. No other sort options...are
available...Also it won't let you import/export address books...which I'd like
to do...and the address book only sorts alphabetically-- you can't group by
backup...Summary: functional, but lacks refinement."

Stacey, (and anyone else needing a REAL e-mail system) should try Fischer
International's 'TAO (Totally Automated Office).' TAO runs in nine
environments and it doesn't matter whether you are on a Mac, PC (Windows or
OS/2), Unix, AS/400, VSE, VM, MVS. All of the 'clients' use the SAME
database, therefore making compatibility problems virtually disappear.

I am currently writing, among other things, the entire guideset (all 1000+
pages) of the TAO Macintosh client using Framemaker on a Macintosh 8500/100,
and am having a BLAST documenting it] All of the guides will be in Adobe
Acrobat (on CD-ROM).

I also receive all my mail (including the TECHWR-L list) via TAO.

As far as I'm concerned, there's no other e-mail system that can even come
close to TAO when it comes to functionality and usability. It'll even READ
your mail BACK TO YOU (while you do other things in your office)]]]]]]

I'd like to see MS Mail on a Windows 95 box do that]

Regards,
Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer
Fischer International Systems Corporation
Naples, Florida USA