Need suggestions for documenting errors & warnings

Subject: Need suggestions for documenting errors & warnings
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 11:23:18 -0700

I have been given the project of creating a help file for our version 1.0
software's core dialogs (those that are shared by the different apps in
our suite), warnings, and errors.

The goal? To take those cryptic messages that supposedly tell you what
went wrong, and expand upon them to make them truly helpful.

The problem? We're under a deadline for the 20th (next Friday), and the
one person who can tell me what all of the messages mean is a crucial
person for many other parts of the project. I need suggestions on how to
figure out what the errors mean, and how I should go about putting
something short but meaningful together.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/