Re: Visuals within a Proposal

Subject: Re: Visuals within a Proposal
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 15:33:24 -0400

I am in the process of collecting data for a project proposal for one
of my graduate classes. The visuals I want to use vary in size, but I have
at least four I want to submit with the proposal. Would it be easier for the
readers to include the visuals with its appropriate text? The other option I
am considering is to include them all together in an appendix section.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

------------

Jennifer...I include graphics with my proposals all the time. If I understand
the question, our policy at my company is that any graphic that is referenced
in the text of the document must be no more than one page away from that
reference. In other words, say you reference a graphic by saying something to
the effect of: "The whosy-whatsy in Figure 4 represents something-or-another."
and this statement is on page 10 of the document. The graphic can be on either
page 10 or page 11 of the document. If you have ALOT of graphics in the file,
then you create a separate TOC for the graphics after the standard TOC in the
front of the document.

John Posada
Technical Writer
Bell Communications Research
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com
(908) 699-5839 (w)

I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor