Re: New virus by email - List Policy

From: Peter Kent <71601 -dot- 1266 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 11:21:15 EST

>>Eric, TECHWR-L Listowner wrote:

FWIW, I don't read virus newsgroups either, but don't lose sleepabout them--I
scan all disks I use, find and remove theoccasional virus, and don't stress
about it.<<

I just wrote an article about this for my November Geek News column in the
world famous Boulder County Business Report (also carried--as Keystrokes, they
wimped out on the Geek News name--in the internationally respected North
Colorado Business Report). This whole virus thing is hyped beyone any
reasonable level of risk. Anyone interested can read the column at
http://http://bcn.boulder.co.us/busines
s/BCBR/center.html--it's not up there yet, but should be in a few days.

Peter Kent

E-mail from: Peter Kent, 04-Nov-1995