Re: web pages

Subject: Re: web pages
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 10:12:22 PST

On Wed, 22 Nov 1995 07:46:38 -0800 you wrote:

>>Could anyone provide examples of ones they consider good or
>>interesting?
>>
>David Siegel's pages (http://www2.best.com/~dsiegel/tips/tips_home.html) are
>very pretty, but he makes them so by ignoring standards and using extensions
>in such a way that many of his design elements are wasted on and unviewable
>by anyone without the latest version of Netscape.

Hmm, got those spiffy things like fade-in backgrounds and such?

>One of the best organized and designed web sites I've seen is Kodak's. It
>has a good, easy-to-follow arrangement, quick-loading reasonably sized
>graphics, and concise text.

Another excellent one is Crayola's (yes, everything you ever wanted to know
about crayons is now on the web!) at http://www.crayola.com/crayola/. Very
nicely laid out, very nice graphics with beautiful solid colors everywhere
(but of course!) and well-designed crayon image maps. Check it out, for the
nostalgia if nothing else :)

>Unfortunately, I don't have Kodak's URL. I thought it was www.kodak.com, but
>I haven't been able to get through today. Maybe the problem is on this
>end--maybe I just have the URL wrong. (A search will undoubtedly get you the
>right URL.)

Yahoo Search does indeed show http://www.kodak.com... in fact, Kodak is given
its own heading in Yahoo's database...
http://www.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Companies/Imaging/Eastman_Kodak_Comp
any/

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN E-mail soundy -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.nextlevel.com/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446