certification

Subject: certification
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- USA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 14:55:00 LCL

Can't remember which post prompted this thought, sorry. I think
certification for tech writers is a good idea, but I don't know all the
nuances yet. Hopefully the ongoing discussion will help to inform me.

Anyways, perhaps STC could certify tech writers as to their communication
abilities only and leave it up to the appropriate technical organization(s)
to certify the person in the subject matter. This would reflect the
necessity of both technical and communication competence required to be a
good tech writer.

|Connie E. Winch | Don't be so open-minded |
|Technical Writer | your brains fall out. |
|Macola Software | |
|cew -at- macola -dot- usa -dot- com | -Unknown |