Re: Training New Employees

Subject: Re: Training New Employees
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 07:30:38 PST

I found that the key was to spend lots of time with the new employees.
I would go over their work in detail on a weekly basis, for example,
for several months. This would give me an opportunity to correct
the direction of the document and impart a lot of my sneaky DTP
tricks.

Sending the writers to formal training (for the DTP package, for example)
has always been worthwhile, in my opinion. The self-taught have odd
gaps in their knowledge, while the formally trained have predictable
gaps. Such training is usually expensive, but it's worth it.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139