Converting Windows Help Files to OS/2

Subject: Converting Windows Help Files to OS/2
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 17:11:00 +0100

Hello Brett,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- fdc-invest -dot- com an All am 04.01.9

BB> From: Brett -dot- Peruzzi -at- fdc-invest -dot- com

BB> What are people out there using to convert Windows Help files
BB> to OS/2?

You should compare the possibilities of OS/2 help and Winhelp. You will find
that OS/2 help (IPF) is quite limited compared to Winhelp, e.g. in the
typographical fields. The most important extension OS/2 help had over Winhelp
3.1 was the full-text search capability but that has been added to Winhelp 4
(for Win95).

Even if you should manage to find conversion tools you would have to cope with
some conceptual differences.

BTW: Last year at CeBIT I searched the IBM OS/2 booth about someone who could
tell me about a few good authoring tools for OS/2 help. The most constructive
answer I got: "Good question..."

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander