Re: Testing: how long is too long?

Subject: Re: Testing: how long is too long?
From: Beryl Doane <BDoane -at- ENGPO -dot- MSMAILGW -dot- INTERMEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 08:43:00 PST

Pre-employment tests can be illegal in the US. The tests have to be designed
to "fairly" evaluate all candidates, without discriminating against any
applicant. I'm not in HR and I don't know the official language for the
restrictions. My company does NOT use writing or editing tests for fear of
being sued.

Can anyone out there comment on the legal issues?

Beryl Doane
bdoane -at- intermec -dot- com