The Answer about the silly Word 7 Tips of Day

Subject: The Answer about the silly Word 7 Tips of Day
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 11:41:14 -0500

The Tips of the Day don't respond to anything -- they're selected
randomly.

There is, or at least there was in Word 6, an index to Winhelp versions of
these, directly from the online help TOC -- select it and you'll a longish
list see different headings, one of which is ***Fun and Inspirational
Tips***, with links to the individual tips of each type under their
respective headings.

I laughed out loud when I first saw the F&U tips -- and was surprised to
see them in an MS program. My guess is someone fought hard to have them
included, IMHO to the betterment of the program. God knows any version of
Word after 2.x needs everything it can get!

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org