Your .sig quote by "unknown" / DOS Help

Subject: Your .sig quote by "unknown" / DOS Help
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 10:11:32 -0500

I think it's Mark Twain, a.k.a. Samuel Clemens. It certainly sounds like
him! :-)

About DOS help files, by the way, I did that kind of thing a couple of
times while at Eicon Technology, but don't recall doing it based on
WinHelp sources either time. Sorry I can't be of more help. I can suggest
saving your RTF sources as .TXT and then marking them up manually.

Another thing to try -- especially if you've got a WordBasic hacker or
wannabe hacker around -- is automating the conversion (you'd have to run
the macro or macros on RTF pulled in *as ASCII text* -- this is an
important point) in MS Word. The MS QuickHelp format, which is the "DOS
Help" format you're referring to, I presume, uses a kind of tagging in its
sources. I don't remember the DOS help source format using a pair of
delimiter characters, though, and I remember thinking that auto-converting
from RTF to this format would be, in the sense of the ancient Chinese
proverb, "interesting."

Good luck!
PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org