PDP-11 -- musician on What Will They Think of Next?

Subject: PDP-11 -- musician on What Will They Think of Next?
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:53:37 -0500

(This is just a tad off-topic, although brief...apologies in advance to
our most esteemed listowner, etc., etc.)

I seem to recall this in the credits for the show, which certainly had
electronic-sounding music -- I can hear the melody in my mind as I write
this. I don't know that I've heard anything quite like it since. God
bless Korg, n'est-ce-pas?

Seriously, though, on the subject of PDP-11s and machines of a similar
vintage, despite being WAAAAY too young to ever have worked with these
beauties, I hold them and the people that had to work on them in high
regard. A big part of the reason for that is having read a book called
Hackers by a fellow named Steven Levy. Also The Soul of a New Machine by
Tracey Kidder, although it's certainly less techie than Hackers, and
therefore probably more approachable.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org