Re: "The new way to 'office'"???

Subject: Re: "The new way to 'office'"???
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 00:01:32 GMT

In article <v01510102ad4509e8be6d -at- [205 -dot- 235 -dot- 32 -dot- 18]>,
Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com> wrote:
>Have any of you noticed the new Kinko's ad slogan -- "The new way to office"?

Normally, I have little objection to verbing nouns, but what possible
purpose (other than advertising propoganda) can this have? How does one
"office"; for that matter, how does one conjucate office: I office, you
office, they office, s/he offices, we office? I office from 7 to 5:15 on
the 4-10 schedule? He took PL rather than officing Monday? I enjoy
officing the 4-10 schedule. I'm a white-collar officer? (I really like
that one! Am I a white-collar worker or a police-woman wearing a white
blouse?)

The gods of usage have pity on our souls.

Nancy Lynn Hayes (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov) Carpe Diem
Seize the Day!