Re: Off-Topic Posts, Eric, etc.

Subject: Re: Off-Topic Posts, Eric, etc.
From: Tom Tadfor Little <tlittle -at- LANL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 08:55:36 -0700

Nancy writes (among other things)

|3. Love the idea of a FAQ. You might talk to some of the copyediting-L
| folks to find out how they went about working on their FAQ. I think it
| was several months worth of work. (If anyone from copyediting-L reads
| this, where =is= the FAQ?)

The copyediting-l style FAQ is on the web at

http://www.rt66.com/~telp/sfindex.htm

It was quite a bit of work to create, but that's because we were
consolidating many posters' opinions into single essays, which were put
to the list for voting. Most FAQs are created by just going through
the archives, noting which questions keep coming up, and concocting
sensible answers to them. That sort of thing can be done over a
weekend.

Cheers, Tom.

Tom Tadfor Little tlittle -at- lanl -dot- gov -or- telp -at- Rt66 -dot- com
technical writer/editor Los Alamos National Laboratory
Telperion Productions http://www.rt66.com/~telp/