My sincere apology to the LIST.

Subject: My sincere apology to the LIST.
From: "Michael J. Maloney" <mmaloney -at- EPIC-ISTI -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 12:32:18 -0400

I have submitted my _unsubscribe_ post to the list.

I apologize to anyone offended by my outburst, over reaction or language.

Most writers out there are honorable professionals, and it was wrong for me
to equate the response of one - as actions indicative of writers as a group.

Anyone that keeps records such as:

>The individual that attacked me has a history here on TWlist.
>If you desire more details... direct request a forward to my
>personal account listed below. I saved all the messages
>he sent to the list last year that caused many people to
>become very upset

and offers them for publishing, is a SICK PUPPY!

It was wrong of me to be snookered into a loose-loose cycle of foolish
dialog with Mr. McDonald.

My passion comes from my love of the technical communication trade, and of
course my pride was a little moshed.

My commercial posting of IsoDraw was also wrong. Please believe me, it is a
fantastic product and important to our trade. It is so revolutionary, I
viewed the advertising of it as a way to introduce it to the trade. Think of
IsoDraw like this. Let's say, until now, the only word processing package
you've ever known was the DOS text editor. Suddenly, FrameMaker appears.
Boom! A product light years ahead of anything on the market. You have a
chance to introduce this product to 2000 fellow professionals. Wouldn't you
consider it an obligation? So, you try to pass the word and.... SMACK!
You're attacked personally and professionally by your associates.

Again, I apologize.

Michael J. Maloney
President, EPIC Creative Services
President, ISTI (International Society for Technical Illustrators)
US Distributor - IsoDraw
http://www.epic-isti.com/epic
Business Phone: 1-704-523-6907
Business Fax: 1-704-522-7504