Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?

Subject: Re: Trends for Technical Communicators?
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 18:31:16 -0800

>What trends do you consider affect you today as a Technical Communicator?
>Post your answers to TECHWR-L or to me privately. I'll summarize.

The increasing speed and discontinuity of change in technology, projects,
and tools.

The disappearance of traditional jobs, and the increasing need to market our
services.

The increasing need to provide for our own continuing education, medical
care, and retirement. ...RM

Richard Mateosian http://www.c2.org/~srm/ President, Berkeley STC
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro