usability testing

Subject: usability testing
From: "Julie A. E. Tholen" <tholeja -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 11:26:37 CST

Hello Group,

The client that I contract for wants to know what kind of companies have
usability tests/labs for their documentation. The client works in the
networking industry and produces end-user manuals that contain both reference
and how-to information.

If anyone is currently doing document usability testing, would you please share with me the following:

1. How long has usability testing been done at your shop?
2. Why/when was it implemented?
3. How is the testing done at your shop?
4. Who does the testing? (internal/external - name names!)
5. What has been the impact on the documentation?
6. What has been the end user reaction?

I will post results.

Jules "Life is short. Eat dessert first"
(J.A.E. Tholen) Network Systems Corporation
612.391.1354 7600 Boone Avenue North
tholeja -at- anubis -dot- network -dot- com Minneapolis, MN 55428