Need Help: Department Name Change

Subject: Need Help: Department Name Change
From: Rick Sapir <rick_sapir -at- GILBARCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 14:13:59 -0800

Due to recent corporate reorganization, my department now has the
opportunity to select a new name and identity for ourselves. Our
goal is to emphasize that we do more than write technical manuals.
We are also heavily involved with on-line and electronic
communication; icons development, screen development, and prompts
for POS terminal; on-line help; specification guides; training
information; etc.

After much discussion, we've decided on: Technical Information
Development. Now, my task is to produce a proposal for management
to make this name change official. (They want to call us Technical
Documentation.) Again, our goal is to emphasize that we develop
information for many forms -- not just written on paper. Also that
we are a great resource for all types/forms of information.

Have any of ya'll experienced similar reorganization or name
changes? Any suggestions for things to include or highlight in our=A6=A6=A6=
=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6=A6
proposal? =

TIA,

=

Rick Sapir Gilbarco, Inc. =

Technical Communicator Greensboro, NC
Rick_Sapir -at- gilbarco -dot- com

DISCLAIMER: Speaking for no one but myself.

"Ideas withheld or repressed are automatically imbued - Jeff Heiskell
with a false sense of mystery and intrigue." The JudyBats