Books on Documentation Development Process?

Subject: Books on Documentation Development Process?
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 1996 13:33:40 HST

My employer recently changed the way we do performance appraisals. My manager
and I have finally been able to make "enhancing existing skills and acquiring
new skills" an official part of my job. [Now to work on adding Kent Newton's
"core skills of a technical writer (curiosity, researching, organization,
writing, designing).] ;-)

One skill I'd like to enhance/acquire is managing the documentation development
process more effectively -- particularly in connection with the software
development process.

So I'm soliciting recommendations for books discussing documentation
development. I've followed the thread on designing online help, so I'm looking
forward to the results of this question. If there's enough interest, I'll put
together the list of recommended books and post it to the list.

TIA!

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."