Re: Justification

Subject: Re: Justification
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 08:29:10 -0600

Betsy Maaks wrote:

> Dear colleagues in the vast email cloud,

> I am tapping into your great expertise to ask for your ideas about justifying
> documentation, specifically to reduce customer calls to customer service to
> solve a problem. I work for a manufacturer of telecommunication equipment and
> customer service is questioning the value of customer documentation.
<snip>

The February 1995 issue of Technical Communication was devoted to the
topic of "Measuring the Value Added by Professional Technical
Communicators." This might be a good place to start your research.

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation svictor -at- compassnet -dot- com
15150 Memorial Drive http://www.compassnet.com/~svictor
Houston, TX 77079 USA De gustibus non disputandum est