TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Position in Northern VA From:Don Sargent <don -dot- sargent -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM> Date:Tue, 12 Mar 1996 17:24:50 -0500
We are currently searching for a technical writer to join our software
documentation team at Template Software in Herndon, VA. We would prefer
someone with some experience and lots of potential, but we are
also considering exceptional new college graduates.
The following describes our requirements for the position:
- Degree in Technical Communication, English, or Computer Science
- Aptitude and desire to learn programming languages
- Courses in C or Pascal or programming experience
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- One or more years writing documentation for commercial products
- Experience documenting development tools
- Experience using FrameMaker
- Experience using UNIX and MS Windows
- Hands-on programming experience a plus
- Experience designing and writing online documentation
- Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented design and
- Experience with workflow or network management software
We want a skilled technical communicator who is aggressive and
wants to learn our technology. The position involves developing reference
manuals, user guides, and online documentation for a family of object-oriented
Please contact me by phone or E-mail for more information. You can submit
your resume via regular mail, E-mail, or fax. Writing samples are required.
You can find out more about Template Software, Inc. and our products at: