Re: Interleaf and Sun work stations

Subject: Re: Interleaf and Sun work stations
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 06:37:21 PST

Bernard A. McCann writes:

>Just thought I'd throw in my 5 cents worth.

>Interleaf (UNIX) is VERY EXPENSIVE!

It's not as heart-stoppingly expensive as it used to be. Also,
Interleaf 5 for DOS, with all the trimmings, is down to $895, and
is a full implementation that runs well on 486 machines. I've always
been surprised that Interleaf promoted it only to existing customers.
Interleaf 6 for NT (now available for Win95 as well) is $995. This is
a far cry from the $15,000 I paid in the late '80s.

-- Robert
Robert Plamondon, President/Managing Editor, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139