Re: Internet Usage By Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Internet Usage By Tech Writers
From: Ian Macdonald <imacd -at- PC -dot- JARING -dot- MY>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 07:32:02 -0500

At 02:10 PM 14/3/96 -0700, Mark 2 Merkow wrote:
> [...]

I use Internet to:

1. Email -- communicating with clients, some of which are 12 time zones
away.
2. Email -- chating with family and friends.
3. FTP -- transfering files to/from clients.
4. FTP -- downloading shareware/freeware and other files of interest.
5. TELNET -- logging on to clients machines for reseach/testing of
documentation that I am working on.
6. TELNET -- occasional use for searching databases.
7. WWW -- research, technical support, soon will for marketing!
8. Email -- mailing lists (like TECHWR-L) that are a valuable source of
information and a chance to share knowledge.

Essentially, I use Internet to telecomute to various parts of the world, and
keep in contact with family and friends scattered around the globe.

Ian Macdonald Tel: +03 452 7553
WriTech Fax: +03 453 2910
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia e-mail: imacd -at- pc -dot- jaring -dot- my