Re: Online with IBM's BookManager

Subject: Re: Online with IBM's BookManager
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 08:22:39 -0800

At 09:40 AM 3/20/96 CST, you wrote:

>I'm curious . . . several of you -- Kris & Betty -- mention tagging the
>hardcopy text from the outset . . . would this provide me
>more control? Where can I find out about tags and their rules?

I'm sorry if if I've misled you. Tagging will work only if you are using
BUILD on a mainframe BUILD product. I take it you are using BUILD/2 if you
are using WP also. Correct?

This is what I referred to in my note about no crossover between mainframe
source files and PC source files. The source input file format for a
mainframe BUILD product is a BookMaster "tagged" file, where the source
format for the BUILD/2 product is an RTF file. As far as I know there are no
filters to go from one to the other, but I could be wrong.

Regards...Kris
kjolberg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com (preferred)
kjolberg -at- aol -dot- com
102031 -dot- 3556 -at- compuserve -dot- com