Re: Workplace Discrimination

Subject: Re: Workplace Discrimination
From: David Somers <dmps -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:10:33 +-100

Of course, the other kind of discrimination is the workplace itself. I do
not work in open plan. Period. I've done it a few times, and never again...
I find the ambient noise level just too high and very distracting when
trying to churn out n-hundred pages by the weekend. Give me a nice office
with one or two other people, a fast 'puter, a nice non-click keyboard, the
hydroponic plant set, and a nearby caffeine source.

Do other people on the list find that the working environment has an effect
on their working 'happiness' (read 'productivity')?

Regards,

David Somers.
dmps -at- euronet -dot- nl
http://www.euronet.nl/users/dmps/index.htm

> You might say that these sorts of idealogical mind sets are windows into
any work culture. You don't just evaluate whether or not you want the job,
but do you want to work in this environment? Personally, I give all
perspective
bosses a little verbal test to determine their tolerance and views on the
use
and control of company resources. This lets me know whether it's going to
be
a fun, rewarding existance or a pain.