Standards for Cautionary Statements

Subject: Standards for Cautionary Statements
From: Doug Montalbano <doug_montalbano -at- CC -dot- CHIRON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 11:24:05 PST

I know several people have posted the answer to my question several
times in the last two years; unfortunately (1) the upgrade from hell
wiped my hard drive (whereon this info was stored) and (2) we recently
moved and the hard copy version is buried somewhere amongst 3 boxes of
papers. (This by way of apology, defensive tone aside.)

The question: What is the reference (I believe it's an ANSI standard,
but can't remember) for the heirarchy of cautionary statements (NOTE,
CAUTION, WARNING, DANGER) in tech. documents? It's the reference to a
standard that I want, not the rule itself. I will accept a MIL
standard, as well.

Thank you.

Doug Montalbano doug_montalbano -at- cc -dot- chiron -dot- com