Pubs Charter & Employee Responsibilities

Subject: Pubs Charter & Employee Responsibilities
From: Alexander Adrian Szczepaniak <szczeaa -at- ANUBIS -dot- NETWORK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 10:17:51 "CST

Hail Mighty Writers!

I suspect this has been discussed before, but does anyone have experience,
thoughts, opinions about the responsibilities of a 'typical' technical
communicator? For that matter, what about the respobilities of the Publications
department in which the technical communicator works.

I will create a composite of the e-mail I receive. I am not looking for the
standard college jargon (i.e., interview smes, analyze audience, conduct needs
analysis, write clearly, accurately and blah blah).

I have my own lists based on my experience working with a dozen or so fortune
1000 companies, but I crave fresh insight and anecdotal experiences.

If it helps, I work for an internet-security company. We manufacture high-end
hardware (for cities, companies and so on). We also create software used to
tweak the hardware. But I do believe that much of my responsibility here is no
different from my responbilities developing training for stock brockers, battery
recyclers, accountants and so on.

What are your thoughts?

Also, if this post is a dead horse and all this information has been answered
elsewhere, please direct me to the appropriate web pages, articles and so on. I
am NOT interested in articles from <yawn> academe (unless they have been published in
main-stream magazines).

-- Alex Szczepaniak