Why isn't everyone posting?

Subject: Why isn't everyone posting?
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 08:49:00 PST

Some of us are lurking. Some of us respond only to topics that pique our
interest. Some of us have limited amounts of time to spend reading e-mail.
All of us are interested in technical writing.

We are at different levels of knowledge and experience. Not all topics are
interesting to everyone. When there's a lull, there just hasn't been a
recent topic that excites everyone's interest.

Also, every time people on the list indulge in snobbery, put-downs, flame
wars, and the like, the disgusted go off somewhere else for a while.

Marilynne

P.S. You also get better responses when you post with a topic.
At 11:37 PM 3/12/96 -0500, Kelly Leydon (e-mail address: ampt1235 -at- amp -dot- com)
wrote:
>Howdy...is it just me or has anyone else noticed a decline in interest
>about techwriting?

>Do others out there tend to find it, well...unfullfilling?

>Kelly

Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com