Re: chemical hoods

Subject: Re: chemical hoods
From: Marilynne Smith <mrsmith -at- CTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 1996 08:49:00 PST

At 07:59 PM 3/30/96 -0500, David Ibbetson wrote:
>Are those the things one finds in chemistry laboratories? If so, I think I
>would call it a fume extractor.

If you have technicians of the uneducated sort working with the fume
extractor, you had better call it some sort of hood. You might even call it
a ventilated hood for removing dangerous fumes. In this case, it's very
important to know who your reader is. What is written on the hood? A
chemist is different in his understanding than a technician or a student.

Marilynne (who once left a lab where a student turned on a bunsen burner and
then spent a long time looking for a match and whose professor did no
teaching on the incident.)
Marilynne Smith
mrsmith -at- cts -dot- com

Previous by Author: Re: Workplace Productivity
Next by Author: Why isn't everyone posting?
Previous by Thread: chemical hoods
Next by Thread: Internet or library

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads