Re: Windows terminology

Subject: Re: Windows terminology
From: "Wollt, Richard C RV" <rcw1 -at- PO9 -dot- RV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:50:00 CDT

In the training we received from a firm called "Micro Knowledge" these are
called <title> tabs. For example, in the Query Options dialog box, select
the Sort Records tab. They used bold face in their training docs for terms
that appeared on the screen, such as "Query Options" or "Sort Records" in
this example.

I find this terminology easily understood because of the visual likeness to
index cards with tabs.

Richard Wollt
rcw1 -at- rsvl -dot- unisys -dot- com

----------
|From: TECHWR-L
|To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
|Subject: Windows terminology
|Date: Wed, Apr 10, 1996 5:32PM

|What's the proper term for the file-tab window things that are so common in
|most windows programs now? I mean the things like this:
| | |
| | |