Re: Windows terminology

Subject: Re: Windows terminology
From: "Wollt, Richard C RV" <rcw1 -at- PO9 -dot- RV -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 10:50:00 CDT

In the training we received from a firm called "Micro Knowledge" these are
called <title> tabs. For example, in the Query Options dialog box, select
the Sort Records tab. They used bold face in their training docs for terms
that appeared on the screen, such as "Query Options" or "Sort Records" in
this example.

I find this terminology easily understood because of the visual likeness to
index cards with tabs.

Richard Wollt
rcw1 -at- rsvl -dot- unisys -dot- com

|To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
|Subject: Windows terminology
|Date: Wed, Apr 10, 1996 5:32PM

|What's the proper term for the file-tab window things that are so common in
|most windows programs now? I mean the things like this:
| ________ _______
| _____/Option 1\_______\_
| | |
| | |
|where you click a tab and it comes to the front.

|I couldn't find anything in the Windows95 help, surprise surprise!

|s Chris Hulin Tel: + 357 2 376671 +
|+ Head of Documentation Fax: + 357 2 377123 c
|i Card Tech Limited NEW>>>> chrish -at- ctl -dot- com -dot- cy +
|+ P.O. Box 552 h
|r Nicosia, Cyprus (none genuine without this sig) +

Previous by Author: Re: To Dialog or Not To Dialog
Next by Author: Re: List delays
Previous by Thread: Windows terminology
Next by Thread: windows terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads

Sponsored Ads