Re: Windows Terminology

Subject: Re: Windows Terminology
From: Edward Bilodeau <Edward_Bi -at- CEO -dot- STS-SYSTEMS -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 08:32:50 EST

According to The Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical
Publications, those "tab thingys" are simply referred to as tabs.

I'll take to time now to highly recommend the Microsoft Manual of
Style for Technical Publications (ISBN 1-55615-939-0, 24.95USD) to
anyone doing any writing for Windows.
Topics include:
"-Terms covering Microsoft products and technologies, as well as the
broader computer inductry; correct technical terms, terms to avoid,
commonly misspelled words
- Style at the sentence level: abbreviations, acronyms, puctuation,
verbs, voice
- Effective technical writing practicaes: using anthropomorphism
effectively, avoiding jargon
- Common design and interface elements: code formatting conventions,
dialog boxes, lists, indexes, tables" [...and more!]

Edward Bilodeau
STS Systems
Montreal, Canada

Previous by Author: Survey Software
Next by Author: Job opportunity/pls post/forward as appropriate
Previous by Thread: Re: windows terminology
Next by Thread: Re: windows terminology

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads