Documenting System While Under Developme

Subject: Documenting System While Under Developme
From: "Gaignard, Karen" <keg0 -at- ATSOAA1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 13:59:00 EST

I don't mean to ask silly questions, but this is my first documentation
project. (Sort of).

The system I am trying to document is still very much under development.
Most things are not hooked up yet, so I cannot see more than the initial
screen for each menu choice in the module I have been asked to do first.
And cannot even see how those work, because they don't do anything yet.
Also, what I can see is in the middle of being changed. What I am trying to
do is write based on what the developer of the module is telling me will be
there and how it will work. This seems like a lot of wasted effort and
frustration to me, but I have been told to start documenting the system now.

Can someone(s) give me some advice/techniques for how to handle this?
Detailed advice is much appreciated.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, but I am frustrated!

KEG
keg0 -at- atsoaa1 -dot- em -dot- cdc -dot- gov

Listowner: ejray -at- ionet -dot- net