Re: Generic formats

Subject: Re: Generic formats
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 11:26:39 HST

>Maybe the preferred SAVE AS format today might be html ... true,
it is hardly as robust as Word, but you CAN convert html into
word processor styles.<

"Robust"? Hardly! A Word file is a complex structure of OLE objects. It doesn't
take much file damage to make it completely useless. But HTML files are
straight ASCII, and much more easily repaired!

JMHO. A generic wordprocessing format would have been nice, but MS doesn't want
it to exist.

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com
Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate

DISCLAIMER:
"I do not speak for my employer, my computer, or any other living thing."