Re: What would you do? (#473967)

Subject: Re: What would you do? (#473967)
From: Bill Burns <wburns -at- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 14:18:06 MDT

Sue writes:

>Are my standards really *that* unreasonably high?

Hmmm. Are your standards too high for technical writing
contractors who can't edit a resume and don't *appear* to
have a grasp of convention? Nope. I'd say you're right on
the mark.

>Obviously, I won't be calling on these contractors any time soon.
>Should I *tell* them? (Maybe I just did??? ;-) )

>What would you do? Would you point these things out to them, or
>just never have any business to sent their way?

What the heck. You have no obligation to provide this feedback,
but you may just help this group see the need for closer scrutiny
of their work. If you can promote professional standards by educating
someone who needs the information, by all means, do so. With luck,
the contractor will see the benefit of your response.

Bill Burns
Assembly Training and Documentation Supervisor
WBURNS -at- MICRON -dot- COM