Portfolios?

Subject: Portfolios?
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 08:53:23 -0700

>Speaking of portfolios, what do people use to present the information?
>Artist's portfolios aren't the right size. In the past I've just carried
>my manuals around in a bag, but it would be nice to have some sort of
>professional presentation that also was able to include floppies and CDs.
>I've seen binders with slipcovers but this was mostly from people trying
>to break into the industry who hadn't written any manuals or online help
>yet. Any suggestions?

>Anne

>Anne Weiler (annew -at- chancery -dot- com)
>Media Development
>Chancery Software
Back in the days when I was doing job interviews, I presented my samples
in a 3-ring binder made from computer circuit boards. I used tabs to
separate the samples and a TOC with a paragraph about each sample.
As another poster suggested, I included the rough inputs from engineering
with one of the finished manuals.

When I put the binder on the table, I always received instant attention
and was always asked where I bought the binder. If I called back, I'd
hear something like, "Oh, you're the man with the circuit board binder".

I know they didn't hire me because of the binder, but they never forgot
who I was; important if many being interviewed.
I bought mine at Paper Direct, and I've seen them at office supply stores.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com