Re: Bizarre verbs

Subject: Re: Bizarre verbs
From: Martyn Thirlway <thirlwaym -at- USOFT -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 1996 08:42:00 PDT

Arlen wrote

I just ran across the verb "architecting" three times in this morning mail.

The word architect appears in Websters 3rd dictionary as a verb (but I must
admit I htink it is awful, as well) - it is quoted from the Times Literary
Supplement, so maybe we Brits are to blame :-)

Martyn Thirlway
thirlwaym -at- usoft -dot- nl
Author of "Writing Software Documentation - A Practical Guide"
["I've got a headache" Anne Boleyn]
["We'll soon cure that" Henry VIII ]