Tech Writer Responsibilities

Subject: Tech Writer Responsibilities
From: Phil Hellerman <Phil -dot- Hellerman -at- MCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:07:05 -0500

I am curious. Should technical writers, whose normal responsibilities
are within an IS organization, take offense when asked to write or edit
marketing type articles and brochures? Is it proper that writers say,
"I'm a technical writer and only write user manuals! I can't write
maketing material."

Apologies if this has been debated by the list recently. I just returned
to its friendly :) confines.