Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Responsibilities
From: Williams Diane <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:22:43 -0400

I am curious. Should technical writers, whose normal responsibilities
are within an IS organization, take offense when asked to write or edit
marketing type articles and brochures? Is it proper that writers say,
"I'm a technical writer and only write user manuals! I can't write
maketing material."
<<

I wouldn't refuse to do anything that I believe I'm competent to do and
do well. It never hurts to add a skill to your resume or enforce an
ability even if it isn't quite in line with your present job
description.