advice on FrameMaker-to-HTML tools, please

Subject: advice on FrameMaker-to-HTML tools, please
From: Mark I Halpern <Mark_Halpern -at- SMTPGATE -dot- TESSERACT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 15:46:45 PST

Colleagues,

My company, Tesseract Corporation, generates its documentation
(thousands of pages of it) using FrameMaker 5.1, and distributes it to
its customers via CD, with each CD including a general index and
search engine from Adobe.

We now wish to send our customers these documents in HTML form, so
that they can mount the CDs on their internal servers, and make them
available to all their employees via their intranets. I should add
that many of our customers tailor our software to their special needs,
and want to modify the documentation files we supply them to reflect
those modifications.

We have started looking at products that seem appropriate to help
with the FrameMaker=>HTML conversions -- so far we have identified
Adobe's "Hot Tamale," InfoAccess' "HTML Transit," Quadralay's
"WebWorks Publisher 3.0," and Harlequin's "WebMaker"; are there any
others that we should be considering? Has anyone any experience with
the task I've described, or any products that help with that task?

Any advice and pointers you can offer will be appreciated.

Mark Halpern
Project Manager
Tesseract Corporation
475 Sansome Street