Re: Radio Button

Subject: Re: Radio Button
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 08:44:00 EST

At 11:29 AM 10/14/96 +-200, you wrote:
>Dear Techwhirlers:

>What do you call the round buttons that appear in some GUIs? There
>are checkboxes, which are square and can have an X or be blank, used for Yes/No
>choices. What I'm asking about is the counterpart to the checkbox: those
>circular areas which can have a black dot in them or be blank, used to
>represent a list where you can select only one of the options. Apparently, the
>official name for these round checkboxes is "radio buttons", but that name
>confusing. I don't remember every having seen the term radio button used
in a real
>document (except in books on GUI interface, which I can safely assume my
>users did not read).


>Rebecca M. Phillips
>Documentation Manager
>Qronus Interactive Ltd.
>Automated System Testing
>rebecca -at- qronus -dot- co -dot- il

Yep, it's for real. Check Microsoft's own documentation. The term most often
used is "radio button."

And yep, it's confusing. Most people today can't remember the days of
pushbutton radios.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support
FrameMaker-to-HTML Conversions
HTML Help Consulting and Production

Previous by Author: Classes from Solutions, Inc.
Next by Author: Ageism
Previous by Thread: Re: Radio Button
Next by Thread: Radio Button

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads