Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 Nov 1996 to 14 Nov 1996

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 Nov 1996 to 14 Nov 1996
From: Amos Jessup <jessup -at- VISICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 14:54:22 -0800

David, Betsy, et al:

What was suggested was read only documents accompanied by FrameReader,
which will not respond to the !Flk command key sequencer since it has no
edit mode. If you open the same document with a full-featured FrameMaker,
however, !Flk will toggle the read-only condition. We use this where I
work to maintain a primitive CM on documents since most poeple don't read
the manual and the command sequence is obscure. I make a macro of it for
my own use since I use it frequently. Documents in read-only mode cannot
be unlocked using a Frame Reader interface.

Amos H. Jessup
Information Manager
VisiCom Labs
jessup -at- visicom -dot- com

My company dsavows any opinion uttered in my name, as well it should.
"Creativity...is imagination in pursuit of excellence".