Re: useful customer feedback

Subject: Re: useful customer feedback
From: Dorothy McGovern <dmcgovern -at- PROGSOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 16:21:41 -0500

I agree with Miki - you need to ask specific questions if you want
feedback.

My company conducts training classes for new users - so I was able to
get feedback from these new users while they attend class. I picked a
subject that the new users had just covered in class and gave them a
sample of the new document along with a list of specific questions. Then
I left them alone for a few minutes. I was lucky because I had a chance
to collect the evaluations and discuss the sample doc with them. Some
users wrote good comments on the evaluations and never opened their
mouths in the classroom setting - other users wrote little but had a lot
to say when the discussion began. The whole exercise only took about 30
minutes. I got a lot out of it and the instructor was glad to give the
class a "break" that reinforced an important topic.

D McGovern
dmcgovern -at- progsol -dot- com