Re: Multi Browsers

Subject: Re: Multi Browsers
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 10:11:42 -0800

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 01:38:11 -0500, Daniel Arrasmith wrote:

>Would like to keep several browser flavors at hand to check out web page
>repros. Has anyone successfully done this on a stand-alone PC? I'm hanging
>with WGW 3.11.

I have IBM WebExplorer 1.2, Internet Adventurer, StarWriter 3.1 beta
(word processor with built-in browser!), Netscape Navigator 2.02, and
yes, a port of LYNX here to test pages with. All get along nicely.
New OS/2 version of Netscape can even use WebEx's URL objects.

>Laugh if you must. When I added ms-iexplorer to the mix it resulted in a
>major system meltdown. Luckily, I didn't follow ms install readme, which
>said one can toss iexplorer into the same directory with netscape, etc.

>>From this experiment I deduct that megasoft *embrace and extend* is really
>*cover and smother.* Anyone have a proven work-around?

Yeah: uninstall IE. :-)

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>