Re: Click Language Summary

Subject: Re: Click Language Summary
From: Susan Brown <sbrown -at- JSCSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:50:16 -0500

At 07:34 AM 2/11/97 EST, you wrote:

> Or, later this person will have to learn
> the name we all use in addition to the name you gave the operation.

This has been one of my big bug-bears for a number of years. We rail
on about proprietary format software (Hi, Bill), but very few people get up
in arms about 'proprietary' lingo.

Our job, as **communicators**, is to communicate. Common language is
important. Regardless of how 'appropriate' or descriptive we think a term
is, once it is in common usage, we tamper at both our' and our reader's peril.